Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 60-80 Minutes
- 2 large artichokes, rinsed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cheap white wine
- 10 cloves garlic (slivered)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Willie Pete Seasoning
- 4 sheets of heavy duty foil wrap
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Double wrap each artichoke with 2 layers of heavy duty foil creating a tight fit but leaving the tops open.
- Make sure the leaves are somewhat spread then pour half the lemon, wine, and oil over each of the artichokes. Stuff the cloves of slivered garlic between leaves of each artichoke.
- Cover those bad boys in a healthy dose of Willie Pete Seasoning (to your liking).
- Seal well on top by twisting and pinching foil packets into an onion shape. Place foil packets of artichokes in oven and bake.
- Jumbo to large sized artichokes: Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes medium sized artichokes: Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove Artichokes from oven. When cool enough to handle, unwrap artichokes.
- Pour the lemon, white wine, oil, and any stray roasted garlic cloves into a bowl to mix with mustard, mayo and honey for a dipping aioli.