Prep time - 20-30 minutes
Cook time - 25-35 minutes
Total time - 40-70 minutes
Feeds - 4-7 people
- 2-4 Skirt steaks
- 3-4 Sweet Bell peppers
- White rice
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- 2-3 onions
- Ma Deuce Seasoning
- Alder Wood Smoked Salt
- Cut up peppers in small slivers
- Cut up onions in small slivers
- Put your cooking oil in big pan and turn on your stove to low-medium heat
- Place your pepper slivers into the pan/skillet
- After 5-10 minutes add your onions into the same pan/skillet with your peppers
- Cut the skirt steak in small slices (Cut the steak against the grain)
- Season the skirt steak with Ma Deuce
- Wash and drain rice for about 2-5 minutes
- Add 2 cups of rice and 2 cups of water to pot and stir.
- Add salt to your taste preference (It’s important to taste the water with the ingredients to see if you need to add more salt)
- Cook rice in high heat until water boils. Do not cover the pot.
- Once the rice water comes to a boil lower the heat to low and put the cover on.
- Once peppers and onions start to become tender heat up another skillet with cooking oil
- Lower the heat on the pepper and onion mixture to low
- In separate skillet cook the skirt steak to desired doneness
- Once the steak is done put the steak in the same pan/skillet as the peppers and onions and mix
- Sprinkle a pinch of Alder Wood Smoked Salt on top
- Plate your rice on the plate
- Add Steak, peppers and onions on top of the rice and enjoy!
Recipe provided buy Paul Saladino @paulie_saucee