Smoked French Onion Dip
Rated 5.0 stars by 87 users
2 hours 5 minutes
The result is a delicious dip with a unique combination of creamy texture, savory onion flavor, and a subtle smokiness. Smoked French Onion Dip is often served with various dippable items such as tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, or vegetable sticks. It makes for a delightful appetizer or party snack, perfect for gatherings and events where guests can enjoy its distinctive and satisfying taste!
Peel onions and cut in half.
- Coat a foil-lined cooking tray with olive oil.
- Place your onion halves sliced side down in the oil.
- Coat the rest of the onions with oil.
- Place in your smoker at 250 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Once the onions are cooked all the way through remove them and let them cool on a cutting board for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the very outer layer of the onions if it has become papery during the cooking process.
- Dice up the onions (I like to chop them down to small pieces but that's a personal preference)
- Add sour cream, cream cheese, and apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix thoroughly to blend everything.
- Add your chopped onions on top.
Season with Platoon Sergeant SPG Seasoning and smoked paprika and mix.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Plate up with some chips and enjoy!
Don’t forget to give us a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Let us know what you think of this recipe and comment below on what you want to see next.
Appetizer,Gourmet Duck Fat,Party Platter,Party Snack,Platoon Sergeant,Ranch Dip,SNACK,Spicy Ranch Dip, - Alder Wood Smoked Sea Salt,Atomic Dongs,Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce,BBQ Sauce,Beef Jerky,Black Cherry Smoked Sea Salt,Cannibal,Claymore Cajun,Crispy's Mango Habanero,Donkey Balls,Donkey Dongs,Fire Chief,Gunpowder,Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce,Infidel,Lime Beer Salt,Ma Deuce,Platoon Sergeant,Pop Smoke,Ranch Dip,RPG Rib Glaze,Smoked Salt,Spicy Ranch Dip,Standard Issue Salt & Pepper,Whiskey Smoked Sea Salt,Willie Pete