Cured Egg Yolk Experiment
Egg yolks cured in Fire Chief Hot Sauce, Hellfire Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce, and Ironsides BBQ Sauce are a flavorful and spicy twist on traditional egg dishes.
The Fire Chief Hot Sauce offers a bright, bold flavor with a kick of heat, making it an ideal choice for those who love spicy food. The Hellfire Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce combines the sweetness of honey with the heat of habanero peppers, creating a perfect balance of flavors. The Ironsides BBQ Sauce is a classic, smoky barbecue sauce that adds a depth of flavor to the eggs.
The cured egg yolks can be enjoyed as a garnish on salads, sandwiches, or soups, or simply eaten on their own as a snack. They also make a great addition to breakfast dishes, such as eggs Benedict or avocado toast. Overall, the combination of cured egg yolks and spicy hot sauce or BBQ sauce creates a delicious and unique flavor profile that is sure to delight any spicy food lover.
- The process of curing the egg yolks involves soaking them in a mixture of the chosen hot sauce or BBQ sauce, which infuses the yolks with a fiery, tangy flavor.
- We recommend putting the yolks of 3 eggs in a sealable container. We were testing the flavors of 3 different sauces so we used 9 eggs and 3 containers.
Fill your container(s) with Fire Chief Hot Sauce, Hellfire Honey Habanero BBQ Sauce, and Sailor Jerry Ironsides BBQ Sauce, make sure that the entire egg yolk. is covered on all sides and a little layer across the top as well.
- Seal the container and put in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- After 3-4 days go by (we pulled ours out on day 3, we couldn't wait to try these) pull it out of the fridge and remove the yolk from the container and spread on your toast, bread, etc.
- The results of this experiment were really interesting. We enjoyed each flavor and each sauce created a different consistency of the yolk.
- Give this a try and tell us what you think!
Don’t forget to give us a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Let us know what you think of this recipe and comment below on what you want to see next.