Prep time - 5-10 minutes
Cook time - 10-15 minutes
Feeds 4-6 people
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Standard Issue Salt and Pepper Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin recommended
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1/3 cup vodka, 3 oz
- 28 ounces tomatoes sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, double concentrated recommended
- 3/4 cup half and half, or ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- fresh parsley, or basil for garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil followed by the garlic, onions Cook for 4-5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Add the vodka and tomatoes sauce to the pan Stir and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes more until the sauce has reduced somewhat.
- Add the tomato paste, Standard Issue Salt & Pepper Seasoning. Reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered for 15-20 minutes until reduced by about half. Stir occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, you can cook the pasta in boiling salted water, following the package directions. Drain, toss with a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- With the heat on medium-low, add in the half and half or cream. Stir gently for a minute or two until it starts to bubble.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Then toss with the cooked pasta until coated completely. Garnish with extra parmesan and optional parsley or basil before serving.
Recipe provided by Paul Saladino @paulie_saucee